A quick buying question.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a first keyboard? I've had about five years playing experience, but I have never actually bought anything other than an electric piano. I am, however, quite familiar with how most modern keyboards/synthesizers work, so I don't think difficulty would be much a problem.

My spending limit is $2,000 ~ $2,500 Canadian dollars (approx. $1,648 ~ $2,060 American dollars), but I'm looking to be spending around $2,000 Canadian.

I'm looking for something that's sturdy and gig-able. Analog is preferred.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Reaction score
Any idea what keyboards your favorite bands are using? What are your favorite bands? Maybe someone here knows what they are playing.

Reaction score
Analogue is generally mutually exclusive to sturdy and gig-able, unless you want one of the new Mini-Moogs, but I wouldn't recommend those as a first keyboard. My suggestion would be to have a look at keyboard workstations, as they are fairly simple to start on, but will serve you for some time before needing upgrading. I'm not too hot on specific models but someone else here will be able to help you out.

Reaction score
Well for a pro-gig you might want to raise your spendings and get more than just one keyboard if you are talented with it.

In this case, maybe a good Korg would do the trick. But if your looking for a synth maybe a Mini-Moog, however I never seen them used live...

Ask a Question