about drum kits..

Reaction score
this is a topic about ethnic and oriental drum kits on g1000

they have some unique samples in them, but at the same time the worst tabla/darabouka sounds.. however, the bell/riq and some of the tabla sounds were used in korg i30 / is40 arabian kits aswell. where does these drum kits come from, i mean who sampled them back in 90's, or 80's? does anybody have any info about this? i only know that gem gave these sounds to both corporations.

also, its just a retarded thing to separate these two similar kits and force us (turkey) keyboard users to use program change parameter in order to get them together. also, nobody likes that tr707 drums in oriental kit, because they are really bad and everybody hated them back in the time. thats why we found program change parameter way to get our way..

here is a style of mine which features a example..

Reaction score
117 views and nobody knows a thing?? has nobody ever used roland in here? this must be a joke..

Reaction score
yea well, im here for just to have a normal discussion, not to fight.

the ethnic kit was first used in roland r-8 as far as i know, so if anybody knows about this stuff, a little help would be great.

Reaction score
this is a topic about ethnic and oriental drum kits on g1000

they have some unique samples in them, but at the same time the worst tabla/darabouka sounds.. however, the bell/riq and some of the tabla sounds were used in korg i30 / is40 arabian kits aswell. where does these drum kits come from, i mean who sampled them back in 90's, or 80's? does anybody have any info about this? i only know that gem gave these sounds to both corporations.

also, its just a retarded thing to separate these two similar kits and force us (turkey) keyboard users to use program change parameter in order to get them together. also, nobody likes that tr707 drums in oriental kit, because they are really bad and everybody hated them back in the time. thats why we found program change parameter way to get our way..

Hej X/R//,

I've a Roland BK-9 with 77 Drum-Kits including a lot of oriental, greek and asian kits.

You can make your own soecial drum-kit if you want.

On the following link

http://www.rolandus.com/support/by_product/bk-9/owners_manuals/

you should download both Addendums (Addendi). Inside there you find how to create your own user-drumkits.

You shoiuld also download the sopundlist including the 77 drum-kits.

Reaction score
goldi5210, thanks for an actual answer, it means a lot.

but i already know about bk-9, and all other roland keyboards. the thing is, im just mad about roland's policy about not giving it's users what they want, and this bad policy cause them to lose their entire market on the arranger keyboards. now nobody wants and kind of roland keyboard. they are digging their own grave with this.

i started working for roland in 2008, and i still work for them. but i can not ignore this.

also, talk about racism; the oriental kits were always lower on the volume, and reverb. the western kits were much brighter and more appealing. they never cared about their europe / mid east users and now korg gets all the market to itself. also it was a big and stupid idea to seperate ethnic and oriental, because clearly, those tabla, req and djembe sounds dont get along with latin percussions. if it wasnt for program change parameter to rescue roland g series in the 90's, roland would be done so much earlier. and the va series having the same oriental kit didnt helped the situation at all. now all the va series keyboards are shipped/shipping to azerbajian, they just love va series and dont use anything else. dont ask me, i dont know why either.

and the year is 2015, having user drum kit option now simply doesnt matter. this is so late and nobody wants to use roland anyway. btw, they did mix ethnic and oriental for e-09 model in 2005, but that keyboard was so bad i dont even want to talk about it..

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question