Advice Needed: SP6, where do I get new patches?

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought the Kurzweil SP6 and love it so far, I bought it to get back into playing, just for fun, I am a gigging bass player but also enjoy playing keys. But I have now unexpectedly found myself looking at doing some gigs on Keys in the near future!

I am going to need some different sounds that the SP6 doesn't quite have covered off. I am very happy with the pianos, organs and strings, but the Brass and Synth Patches I am going to need are not really there.

I understand that the SP6 can take Forte and PC3 patches? This sounds promising as I imagine that I will be able to find patches designed for specific songs for those platforms.

Can anybody tell me how I go about finding SP6 compatible patches? Where to get them from etc?

I've done basic google searches but can't find anything about adding extra sounds and patches to the SP6 even though the Kurzweil product videos do say you can do it?

Feel free to start from basics, I am an experienced muso, but very new to modern Keyboards.

Any help much appreciated.

Will.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Your two best bets for all things Kurzweil are

https://forums.godlike.com.au/

and

http://www.ksetlist.com/

Be advised that there's a $6 AUD annual membership fee to access downloads on Mastering VAST but it's well worth the money. It's a great forum for general support of Kurzweil products.

Also be advised that the SP6 may not be able to play all PC3 samples properly since some of those include sampling and huge FX chains where the SP6 is somewhat limited.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks.

Yes, I think it's only purelt VAST/synth patches that can be used from the other models, the sampled stuff I think I just have what I have. But to be honest I am already happy with the Pianos and Organ. I just need some different synth sounds. Bon Jovi stuff in particular, need classic sounds for living on a prayer for example!

Ask a Question