Akai mk3 how to sequencing using pad

Reaction score
Hi guys im new on this forum and I just got my first midi today, I bought akai mk3 mini. So today im learning all the basic how to and i found this official tutorial vid
. I can keep up fine up until 9:15, when he changes sequence using the pad/drum pad, the problem is i can't do that. The guy from the tutorial effortlessly press the pad and the sequence change while I just keep changing the track instead of sequence. I already pressed the prog change. Im stressed now, stuck for the last 5 hour here. Please someone help me :,)

Attachments

• 16209960609876008747392306853737.jpg
    16209960609876008747392306853737.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 55
Reaction score

Check what Firmware version your MPK has and if it is the same as the file in the above link you have up to date Firmware, if it is different download the zipped Firmware file, which one depends upon your computer.

On your computer go to the Download folder, click on the zipped file and select a location to extract it to.

In the folder where the extracted files are located should be the instructions explaining how to perform the update.

Going back to your tutorial video in your first post I watched the vid and at the time of 9:15 he is using the laptop but he does not explain what he is doing, nor does he explain very well at all. The software is Akai’s own and it is nit one that I am familiar with so cannot help further

You could also email or telephone Akai support.

Reaction score

Check what Firmware version your MPK has and if it is the same as the file in the above link you have up to date Firmware, if it is different download the zipped Firmware file, which one depends upon your computer.

On your computer go to the Download folder, click on the zipped file and select a location to extract it to.

In the folder where the extracted files are located should be the instructions explaining how to perform the update.

Going back to your tutorial video in your first post I watched the vid and at the time of 9:15 he is using the laptop but he does not explain what he is doing, nor does he explain very well at all. The software is Akai’s own and it is nit one that I am familiar with so cannot help further

You could also email or telephone Akai support.
Okay thank you, i doubt they have akai rep in my country but will try to follow your instruction.

Cheers

Reaction score
Did you get the answer? Check the YouTube comments for tips. You need to go to Edit > Preferences and look for a setting Program Change. Set that to Sequence instead of Track.

Ask a Question