Deactivate velocity on an AKAI MPK mini Play

Reaction score
Dear all,

I'm quite a newbie. Please bear with me.

I'd like to deactivate velocity sensitivity of the keyboard on an AKAI MPK mini Play, but my understanding is that it can be done only when connected via a midi interface and use the software to do it.

This mini keyboard has its own speaker or via headphones, thus I'd like to change this setting so that I can hear it through the speaker/headphones even when the midi interface is disconnected.

Any idea if this is possible via software so that it stays like that even when it is disconnected?

Best regards,
Dragan

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I would highly doubt that this 'feature' is built into a $100 keyboard. If you have a compressor try running the keyboard's output into a compressor then output the compressor into your speaker/headphones. Compression raises the floor and lowers the ceiling; not completely removing velocity sensitivity but should reduce it.

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I would highly doubt that this 'feature' is built into a $100 keyboard. If you have a compressor try running the keyboard's output into a compressor then output the compressor into your speaker/headphones. Compression raises the floor and lowers the ceiling; not completely removing velocity sensitivity but should reduce it.

Thank you. As I said, I'm a newbie. Can you explain what is a compressor or please provide a link so that I can learn about it.

Reaction score
Dear all,

I'm quite a newbie. Please bear with me.

I'd like to deactivate velocity sensitivity of the keyboard on an AKAI MPK mini Play, but my understanding is that it can be done only when connected via a midi interface and use the software to do it.

This mini keyboard has its own speaker or via headphones, thus I'd like to change this setting so that I can hear it through the speaker/headphones even when the midi interface is disconnected.

Any idea if this is possible via software so that it stays like that even when it is disconnected?

Best regards,
Dragan

I asked this question some time ago and asked for a software solution. Does anybody know of a possible hardware solution? I found somebody to do it for me, but they don't know if it is possible.

Any advice is appreciated.

Best regards

Ask a Question