Akai MPC 61 Keyboard

Reaction score
Saw some ads about this keyboard. It does look intriguing, and seems to have similarities to the Roland Fantom 0 series.

Reaction score
...and 32GB storage, of which 15GB is for user (beyond the built in sounds/voices).

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There have been other "all in one" DAW/Workstations in the past, as well as modules designed to load instrument plugins.

None of them ever gained enough traction to stick around for more than a few years though.

Does this thing have the ability to plug in an external monitor and keyboard? Or are you stuck with the tiny touchscreen?

Does it play nice with Apples, Androids and PCs?

Apologies for asking, but I didn't feel like sitting thru a long winded sales pitch so I didn't watch nearly the whole thing. :p

Just curious.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I wonder if these guys work for Akai now?

Seriously the problem with "ultimate technological solutions" is planned obsolescence.

If you build something that's forever upgradable, you eventually put yourself out of business.

I'll be spending the next decade getting intimately familiar with the technology I already own.

The latest and greatest is just so much smoke and mirrors.

By the time you've mastered it, they don't support em anymore :p

That's the nice thing about hardware classics.

They don't get older, they become vintage. ;)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your questions Gary.

This just came out a few days ago --- So my post is in the general category as the recent posts for the Fantom 0 series when many wanted to find out more details about the Fantom 0, and some folks may want to find out about this keyboard.

This one as well as the Fantom 0 may of interest to others, even if some of the capabilities you mentioned are not met. I may be one of these.

Every one is free to choose. And I don't mean to or want to start an argument; you seem to have made up your mind already -- which is fine.

Ask a Question