AKAI MPK mini and MPC essentials newbie

Reaction score
I've just recently acquired an AKAI MPK mini mk2, which comes with MPC essentials. I have never used a midi keyboard before nor the MPC essentials software - so if you use any jargon in your responses I probably will have no idea what you're talking about. The problem I am having at the moment is that the pads on the midi keyboard are not matching up to the pads on MPC essentials - it seems when I hit them random ones light up. How do I assign the midi keys to the MPC essentials pad? And how do I make sure that the keys that I put in the MPKMini MK2 editor are assigned too?

Thank you so much

Reaction score
Dear all, I just bought an MPK MINI mk3, but I don't really get how to make the controller transmit on channel 2 rather than channel 1. In other words, When on my DAW I set a single track to receive on MIDI channel 2, it receives nothing!
Can you help me???
Thank you so much,
Vincenzo

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Check your manual. On a lot of these mini MIDI keyboards the manufacturers go cheap on the implementation and end up forcing the use of a single channel or range of channels.

It should be in the section on MIDI in the manual.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question