Any other hobbies besides keyboard and/or piano playing ?

Reaction score
Worked my way through Austria, Switzerland and Italy...France is still on the to do list. But I have skied with some French folks on holiday.
Flaine, La Plane, Avorias, Tignes, The Three Valleys.

Can recommend them all, but depending upon your ability I have listed them in ascending order of skill level.

BTW I used to ge a Ski Instructor, most absolute favourite resort Steam Boat Springs, but Aspen is very special but not exactly challenging.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice kitty Tahitijack.
I'll have to dig out a pic of my little keeper for an avitar.

Reaction score
Bet there's few boomerang throwers around ;)

Haven't been so active in the sport for the last many years, owing to health troubles... but up to then, I'd been making and throwing boomerangs for maybe 40+ years. Had competed in many local and (locally hosted) international events, had an Australian record for 10+ years, done a lot of 'small scale' research on the physics involved...and was such a fun way to keep fit...

Some photos of the retired 'rangs attached (I only visited Purdue University in the USA to catch-up with some mates... 'tis such a nice campus.. even has a carillon... and is one of the more highly rated engineering unis over there).

LnDxmzTl.jpg

YIikm4ol.jpg

1n4YxLml.jpg

-ozboomer

Last edited:
Reaction score
Drawing, reading, walking and cycling through my country, The Netherlands. Yes, there's a windmill in the video :D

Col

Reaction score
Thought I'd add to this with my other hobbies.
Astronomy as in looking at planets ect with telescopes, bird watching which I know nothing about but enjoy trying to spot one's iv not seen when out walking, a good tie in with a camera and photographing wildlife and landscapes. Then I sometimes try to watercolour paint them, or draw them.
Cycling used to be my thing, but now I have an electric bike to enjoy the ride and not get the leg burn, when I can get out with the weather that is.
I even like to try and play a harmonica, which again I'm not very good at but do enjoy trying.
Warhammer miniatures and models I like putting together and painting and love the Lord of the rings miniatures too.
Also a hardly used acoustic guitar I dabble with now and then, but I get bored easily so move onto one of my other hobbies all too often.
Because I enjoy watercolour painting and loved watching Bob Ross on telly, my son got me a Bob Ross painting kit as I always wanted to try his style. But as you probably guessed, I'v not got round to that yet.
But all these things I like trying give me plenty to go at.

Reaction score
While I am proficient in piano playing, I am looking for birthday party music that I can prepare for my boss and play at consulting structural engineers gold coast as a surprise gift.

Reaction score
Cycling used to be my thing, but now I have an electric bike to enjoy the ride and not get the leg burn, when I can get out with the weather that is.
I have nerve issues with my left knee so I switched over from a standard pedal bike to an e-bike seven years ago. Now that winter is over here in Michigan I'm able to ride and there are many paved and unpaved trails near where I live. I also enjoy woodworking so that helps keep me busy now that I'm retired.

Reaction score
Music is starting to compete with my quarter horse business. Never thought I would see that ever happening.

Reaction score
If I don't die first from exhaustion or goddamn virus, one day, I will buy a sailboat suited for disabled people and sail straight to Australia. I will probably visit @CowboyNQ for a nice cold Australian beer. :p
Here's one that you might consider (or at least the design):

Reaction score
Next to my Keyboard, I like to play drums as well. I still have a Korg 01/ W pro at my sons house, Tht has to be repaird, but that is going to be sold.
I own a Roland TD 20 X, electronic kit, and I play in a worship band on a Premier Insignia drumkit (1970's )
And like some of you here, I ride a motorbike Honda NT 700 (Deauville) and a Yamaha Xmax 250 for commuting.
Also photography is one of my hobbies, but not much time for that anymore.....

Reaction score
I like cycling. I am in the Netherlands and there are cycle paths everywhere. A long time ago, I filmed a ride and wrote guitar music to go with it.

Ask a Question