Anyone know about Yamaha Sy-77 floppies?

Reaction score
I am new today to forum. I have a vintage Yamaha Sy-77, but the disk drive is bad. I've bought one to replace it when I can get around to it, but in the mean time, does anybody know of any computer program that will read the Native Sy-77 floppies, and convert the information on them over to DOS or Windows, so that it can be accessed on DOS or Windows or by other synths or computer programs? I'd love to hear my original compositions on those floppies from the 90's again. Thanks in advance for your advice or help.

Reaction score
Are you saying that this keyboard formats these floppies in an unconventional format, or that the files on them are non-standard MIDI files? If the former, there's tons of little utilities out there to recover data from removable media. (Like "AnyReader") If the latter ... I don't know enough about their files to give advice. A little time searching for: yamaha midi file utility, might turn up something quick.

p.s. It's considered REALLY bad form to post your very same question 3 different places on a forum, especially on a forum with as low-traffic as this one. That's grounds for losing an account and having all your posts removed on some forums.

Reaction score
Sorry A. Dawson -- I thought these were all different forums. My mistake. Thanks for your response.

Ask a Question