Anyone Make a Live-Pro Quality Keyboard in only 4 octaves

Reaction score
I'm a Guitarist/singer songwriter who plays keys about 20% of the time on stage. I curious to know if anyone makes a 4 octave (or 46 to 49 Key) board that has decent acoustic and electric piano tones. I know 4 octives is weird....One of my hobbies is to re-purpose old broken instruments that are beyond repair. For my current project I would like to find a 4 octave keyboard that I plan to fit into a gutted chord organ..thus the board size is important. I can modify the old organ some but don't want ruin the unique vintage asthetic of the old frame.. I have never seen a professional level keyboard at 4 octaves. I suspect its because nobody would buy one...Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations? Every 61 key is just too large to fit into the organ frame...

Reaction score
Post some pics and let us all have a look if this gets anywhere.

My suggestion - check the current crop of 49 key midi controllers and give Thomann a ring to see if they've any V-Machines left. Last time I looked they were being discounted. The V-Machine is small - will cope with a piano/electric piano VST and you should be able to hide the V-Machine and the cabling inside the box.

Good luck.

Ask a Question