Anyone recording on Mac software?

Reaction score
My Mac-book Pro came with Garage Band. I haven't used it at all, except to look at some of the welcome videos, but it seems really basic to me for recording music. Anyone out there recording using software for the mac? Logic Studio looks like the best there is for Mac, but with a hefty price tag. Granted, I've spent more on 24 track recorders...but I just bought a new Roland Fantom G8 and a lot of that stuff for recording is on-board. Really, I think Logic Studio is probably like (to pull from one of my favorite movies) "shooting a fly with a bazooka".

I was wondering what others out there are using if they are using Macs for recording, what they are recording, etc...

Thanks!

Reaction score
Cool!

Hi,
If it is recording MUSIC (not midi) you want, try Audacity. Free to download for PC or Mac. It is used by many pros to make CD's or backingtracks etc.

Cool, thanks! I downloaded it and tried it a bit. We'll see how I like it with the synth. I think garage band will also be plenty for me but yet again, you never know until you try it.

Reaction score
The only thing I really understand about midi is that you need to use it with something that will produce the sound. So I wouldn't be able to transfer my songs to the computer with midi because the sounds from the keyboard are not on the computer? From what little I read...

Ask a Question