Anyone with a Genos or PSR-SX900 willing to share a few sounds with those of us with the Medeli...?

Reaction score
Anyone here who owns the Genos or PSR-SX900 along with the Medeli willing to share a few sounds with those of us with the AKX10...?

I was going to write a whole long post... but I will just leave it at that for now.

Any help from anyone here who owns the Genos or PSR-SX900 along with the Medeli would be GREATLY appreciated.

Reaction score
I've got a mixed up gather of PSR voices if it's any interest, not specifically Genos or SX900

Reaction score
What do you have...? :)
Not a short answer but I don't know :) Gathered when I was using my PSR S900 so older than you were asking for and free to downloaded, not purchased. I've not used any... yet.
Files with extensions clv, liv, vce, uvn, tvn ... there's a lot :)
I can put them somewhere if you want to look at them, or you can msg me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am trying to find just some, a few - to make this AKX10 a little more inspiring to play...

I am looking for the (S.Art!):

Lush Strings - I know it is on the PSR-S970 and Genos - not sure which other ones have it...
Trumpet (just plain "Trumpet") - is on the Genos

And then, of course, the CFX ConcertGrand, CFX AmbientGrand

Etc.

Reaction score
I've put them here for you, they may be just a waste of space but you might find something interesting. I do hope they're a bit of fun anyway. I've not used any so I really don't know what's there, I just collect all things keyboard/midi related as I come across them :)

PSR Voice Collection
I didn't want to make a public link as I won't leave them there forever but couldn't start a conversation.

If sounds can be imported (and sound near the S900 which is what I'm used to) I could be quite happy with Medali I think. Do let me know what you think if you try them, thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh - they are not what you are asking for so I hope someone who has those will post yet

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't think any voice files that include actual sound samples can be exchanged between different brands of keyboards, at least not if the sound samples are in a manufacturer's proprietary format; in fact, I doubt they could be exported in the first place-- at least, not legally-- let alone imported by a different brand.

On the other hand, if the sound samples are in a format that both brands happen to be able to import-- such as perhaps SF2 (SoundFont 2)-- and are not otherwise protected from sharing, such as protected by a copyright, then you might be able to trade voice files between one brand and another, although the results might not be identical due to possible differences in the audio circuitry between the two brands, or how the sound samples are converted into each manufacturer's proprietary format when they're being imported into the keyboards.

Reaction score
I've put them here for you, they may be just a waste of space but you might find something interesting. I do hope they're a bit of fun anyway. I've not used any so I really don't know what's there, I just collect all things keyboard/midi related as I come across them :)

PSR Voice Collection
I didn't want to make a public link as I won't leave them there forever but couldn't start a conversation.

If sounds can be imported (and sound near the S900 which is what I'm used to) I could be quite happy with Medali I think. Do let me know what you think if you try them, thanks.
Thanks!

Reaction score
I don't think any voice files that include actual sound samples can be exchanged between different brands of keyboards, at least not if the sound samples are in a manufacturer's proprietary format; in fact, I doubt they could be exported in the first place-- at least, not legally-- let alone imported by a different brand.

On the other hand, if the sound samples are in a format that both brands happen to be able to import-- such as perhaps SF2 (SoundFont 2)-- and are not otherwise protected from sharing, such as protected by a copyright, then you might be able to trade voice files between one brand and another, although the results might not be identical due to possible differences in the audio circuitry between the two brands, or how the sound samples are converted into each manufacturer's proprietary format when they're being imported into the keyboards.
They can... that is supposedly one of the things that the Medeli GrandSuite software does...

There is at least one owner of the AKX10 and the Genos on here who plans on transferring/sampling his Genos sounds into the AKX10.

Reaction score
Please explain to those of us who can't figure out how to do this how to do it. I have the Grand Suite and can't figure it out.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think @polo must have meant SF2 (SoundFont) files, not Yamaha voice files.

Reaction score
I guess so, I have no problem loading in SF2’s but couldn’t find any way to load Yamaha voice files.

Reaction score
извините но файлы в хранилище пусты . вы не могли бы мне выслать файлы ямахи ? я их преобразую в медели

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyTOwmKFrF8&t=1114s...
This is your total creative tool with almost everything you will ever need for the Medeli AKX 10 Keyboard Arranger.
A huge collection of Iconic synths sounds from Nord, VirusTI, Moog, DX7, Roland Juno & Jupiter, Roland D50 and more with Deep Pads, Leads, Plucks and more, Pianos Electric Pianos, realistic instruments such as Acoustic and Nylon Guitars, crunchy Lead Guitars, Basses, Orchestral Strings, Solo Strings, Cellos, Violas, Choirs, Wind Instruments such as Brass, Trumpets, Saxes, Clarinets, Flutes, Oboes, and more.
Combining the powerful music workstation MEDELI AKX-10 with studio-quality samples and cutting-edge Sounds and styles with Global Sound KARMA PACK.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information or visit our website.
Best Regards Global Sound

Reaction score

PSR Voice Collection

Hi, I can see all your file folders in MEGA but it looks like they are all empty now. I created a MEGA account to see if that would make any difference but unfortunately it didn't. Would it be possible for you to upload them again?

Thank you,

Al

Ask a Question