Arturia KeyLab88 vs Akai MPK88

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
It's my first time posting here, so I apologize in advance for any beginner's mistakes.
I am looking for a hammer action master keyboard for my homestudio to controll my VSTs. I narrowed it down to the two models in the title, although I'm open to suggestions from you guys/gals. I can pick up either of the two used for 350 swiss francs (roughly the same in $). Any comments on features/keybed quality?
Thank you so much and have a nice weekend!

Reaction score
Welcome.

Are you sure you have the correct models and prices identified.

The Arturia is $800 and it is the 49 key version that is listed at $399 on the Sweetwater website.

The Arturia has a Fatar keybed that does get mixed reviews but not as mixed as the MPK which get a lot of adverse comments on the action.

I cannot comment specufucally on the Keylab as I have an Arturia Keylab Essential 49 which is well made and pretty good for the price, its not hammer action though.

I found this comparitive review that for your choices seems pretty typical.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Are you sure you have the correct models and prices identified.

The Arturia is $800 and it is the 49 key version that is listed at $399 on the Sweetwater website.

The Arturia has a Fatar keybed that does get mixed reviews but not as mixed as the MPK which get a lot of adverse comments on the action.

I cannot comment specufucally on the Keylab as I have an Arturia Keylab Essential 49 which is well made and pretty good for the price, its not hammer action though.

I found this comparitive review that for your choices seems pretty typical.

Thanks for replying! Yes, I'm sure about the prices, they are both second hand, that's why they are so cheap.

Ask a Question