Best multitrack recorder

Reaction score
Hi!

I want to get a digital multitrack recorder, but does anyone know which one's best for recording with my keyboard?

Reaction score
+1 on the Tascam DP-24SD!

If you get it -- search for and BUY the step-by-step operating manual written by Phil Tipping in the UK. Phil's manual will save you many hours of aggravation as the factory manual is horrible... He has also posted a whole series of videos on youtube as well -- I've watched those too, but I find his manual is great to have for quick reference right next to your Tascam unit. It is money very well spent.

Also check out the tascamforums.com website, as there's a section for the DP-24SD & -32SD which is really helpful.

Good luck.

Old No7

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually, I learned how to operate mine from the video I posted.

Once you understand the work flow of the navigation buttons the menus are simple enough.

Reaction score
Revisiting this thread caused me to take a look at the inbuilt Recorder on my Korg.

16 tracks with each recording an element of the Arranger and each track capable of being overdubbed or overwritten, FX added, or muted.

So many thanks for resurrecting the thread, we learn something new every day.

Reaction score
I have an old VS-2480. Still works just fine. But yeah, the learning curve on these things...

I still have only done some really basic stuff with it. It's more capable than I am. Quite old technology but still usable, at least to me. I do tend to get bogged down in little things.

Ask a Question