happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Happy birthday to you...

Happy birthday to you...

Happy Birthday Dear Jesus...

Happy Birthday to you...

And now for the real meaning of xmas...

Tomorrow is the 26th and the music stores will be dumping everything at 20 to 50 percent off. :)

Anyone have anything in mind for the sales?

I have my eye on a Behringer Crave if the price is right.

I just looked and it's already marked down. I think I'm pulling the trigger!!! :D

So what's on your wishlist for Boxing Week?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Boxing Day is a National Holiday here in the UK and it is only certain money grabbing stores that open and have sales.

We even have some stores whose Sales do not start until the 2nd of January, New Years Day is another National Holiday so nothing much is open as those with cash usually have a blinding hangover anyway so there is little point in shops opening.

My local Music Stores do not open until Friday.

Top of my wish-list is 20% off a Korg PA4X.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I want those Headphones!
I bit the bullet and walked to my local shopping centre (just a 40 minute walk) as car parking would be nightmare.
Not a bad day for a walk today just 30 degrees.
When I got there shops were packed with bargain hunters like John West salmon stuffed in a tin. Carpark busy as well 'glad I didn't take the car'
Another 30 minute stroll through the restless, impatient crowd to the electronics store (JB Hi Fi as known by my Aussie friends)
I fought my way through the salmon to finally arrive at the store. 'Man! this place was packed out!'
They have Sennheiser brand which I already knew I wanted. I took note of earlier advice from Col @Biggles. :)
Found said item at the far back corner of the store and put it in my arms, walked over to check out and saw there was queue. The queue snaked around the store for about 500 miles long (maybe exaggeration) 'Bloody Hell! Oh well I have got all day' So I joined the end.
I waited, and I waited and I waited almost 20 minutes and the queue had barely moved. Now I was getting annoyed and impatient. Ridiculous!
I put the package down and walked out.
Hear I am now back home telling you my story. I wasted half a day!
The sale is on for few more days so I will be getting those Sennheiser's very soon, maybe at another store when not so busy (by car). All the big stores do price matching anyway.
Rest of the day . . keyboard playing with my old TDK ST-500 headphones. hehe!
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Don't they do online Boxing Week Sales in Australia Ray?

For me it was a simple as logging into my Moog Audio Account this morning and doing a few mouseclicks.

Hopefully the Crave will arrive sometime next week.

I NEVER go to the malls in the month of December. That's a totally greenhorn move in the Internet age. :D

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Don't they do online Boxing Week Sales in Australia Ray?
Yes indeed. But I am an old skool boy!
But I did see a $150 RP set of Sennheiser's (still in box brand new) for $10 on ebay (starting bid) no bidders yet.
I could open the batting here I reckon.
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you commit to a bid and lose the auction you could be frittering away the time left in the boxing week sales though.

What's your aversion to buying from Australian Online Retailers?

I do understand that anyone who runs Windozer fears the hacker rats lurking in the dark, but you do realize that credit card companies traditionally hold the retailer liable for credit card frauds and not the cardholders don't you?

The banks eat literally billion$ in credit card fraud every year and nary a customer has ever been held responisble.

Online shopping is safe, addictive and FUN!!!! :D

And if you have Amazon Prime it is sooooooo quick it'll make your head spin :D

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
All very good points Rat!

If I am too late for Boxing Day sales then so be it! I am not too fussed.
Still, I just bid on these anyway. . Sennheiser HD 4.30i Over-Ear Headphones (iOS, Black)
6 Days left and I am the highest bidder @ $11.00 (Free Delivery from Tasmania)

Apart from that . . I will look into Amazon for future.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Here's hoping you win your auction Ray. :)

Somehow though, I doubt you'll win them for eleven bucks :D

Be prepared to make some serious bids. :)

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Thanks Gary,
This thing will shoot up to over $100 for sure as savy bidders are patiently waiting as the clock bears down to the last 10 seconds. I put in my highest bid for ebay to take over my bidding now and will just wait it out.
Cheers

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Sennheiser HD 4.30i Over-Ear Headphones (iOS, Black)
Since I am not very smart with technical aspects of current gizzmos and modern equipment . . Is this item even suitable for keyboard? I think the iOS means iPhone.
I do have a plug adapter however.
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Do ya have a link to a manufacturer's listing for the item?

If it is iOS only then it will only work with apple products.

You may want to retract your bids.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I use a set of these when I do need headphones in my studio, but the Australian prices are ridiculous. They're almost twice the price in AUD that they are in CAD on Amazon.ca. Given that the exchange rate between the two currencies is close to par this is unacceptable.

I just double checked and the Canadian price is a markdown of 40% from regular price due to boxing week.

You may want to search around for a similar deal in AUD or even order them from Canada this week and even with shipping you'd be getting a great deal.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
These are made for specific devices hence the iOS in the name. Inbuilt in the headphone lead is a remote for controlling the music on an iPhone there are similar versions for Android and other devices.

Alas the Sennheiser range has changed a lot and I simply do not like the look of most of them primarily due to the headband which looks uncomfortable.

My criteria is over ear, with padded headband and ideally a detachable lead.

Reaction score
Good shout Gary.

Koss used to make great gear, I have no experience of them now.

Another company to consider is Audio Technica and one to check out at probably a pretty reasonable price is the Audio-Technica ATH-M40X

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Good news . . Ebay says I have been outbid! So now I am not committed to purchase.
Off to the shops this morning, I bought myself a set of Sennheiser HD-300 . . Saved 50 bucks being post Christmas special!
Been playing now for last hour. Awesome sound!
The salesman told me, btw, that the iOS model which I bid on would have worked okay on any audio equip (keyboard included). Not sure if you guys are right or he is right. . . Anyway, I don't care! :)
cheers
Ray

Ask a Question