can it be done?

ash

Reaction score
Hi, i posted this in the introduction but i thought id copy it into here. my name is Ash, im 34 from north wales in the uk. im disabled and i use a wheelchair, i have limited movement but i still try and do as much as i can. i've been playing the keyboard on and off for 16 years. i can use my left arm but not my right and i use midi files to play along with. quite recently i can only use three fingers of my left hand to play the keyboard but i feel limited to what i can do which is frustrating because i want to be able to play like other people. i have downloaded a few midi files by queen and pink floyd which i play the chords over the top and i try to learn other parts of the midi file but its difficult such as the lead. does anyone have any advise on three finger playing with the left hand? i was told to work on my three finger playing but i wandered what advise i could get in the forum.

Reaction score
Hi Ash, welcome to the forum. I think you are on the right track, but it requires experimentation on your part to try and find what works best for you individually. Keep working with the chords, try different ways of moving the three fingers to see what is comfortable and easiest to move those three fingers between the keys. I would suggest slowing the speed of the midi files while you experiment
on what works best for your fingers. Then, you can slowly speed up the midi files and practice to improve your dexterity with those three fingers. Remember, even with normal dexterity, it takes practice to become a good player, so you just have to be patient with yourself while you work on developing your technique. Don

Reaction score
Work with what you have. What else can you do? You may have to develop your own technique. I remember reading that Les Paul would perform on stage, his hands weak with arthritis. He would make chords in ways that worked for him, and played wonderfully.

Ask a Question