Casio CTK-1550 doesn't have a sustain jack?

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Forgive me- total newbie.

I've just noticed the Casio CTK-1550 doesn't have a sustain jack for a pedal? Is this correct or am I being blind?

Also, if there isn't a jack, is there anyone out there who could point me in the direction of a setting / hack for achieving sustain without a pedal?

Thanks!
Kate

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
According to its manual, the CTK-1550 "does not support use of a sustain pedal" (page EN-12, the second note above "Playing Back a Particular Song"). Furthermore, it doesn't have MIDI ports or USB port, so there's no way to turn on sustain using the MIDI Sustain CC message.

It appears the only way you could add any sorts of effects would be to run the audio output through an effects pedal, such as for an electric guitar.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi Kate
Welcome:)
I think that particular model keyboard is designed mainly for playback dance music. I could be wrong. But if so and you are familiar with playing music using sustain pedals and want to play it this way, then maybe you should look at an upgrade. You don't need to spend much. Just 3, 4 or 5 hundred dollars will get you a brand new model with sustain and midi ports.
Cheers Ray.

Ask a Question