connecting Casio CTK 810 to Android smartphone

Reaction score
I'm trying to connect my Casio CTK 810 with my android phones (Android 6 on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime and Android 7 on Samsung A3 2017) but it just doesn't work. It is either disconnecting second after I choose MIDI connection on my phone or it is doing nothing like I never plugged anything. Cables are fine, keyboard is fine, if I connect to my Laptop it works correctly.

Do you have any ideas? Any app I should use? Drivers?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I don't think Android supports MIDI connections. Even now.

Casio only supports iPhones and iPads with their keys as well as Windows and Mac Machines.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
oh yes I know it is possible, there are plenty of instructions for that in the internet, like here this youtube video:

Reaction score
What kind of cable are you using to connect the pair up?

Dumb question the answer is USB, but what kind of USB?

It is a while since I used Android but at that time the USB cable had to specifically be an OTG type, that is On The Go, it is only these that allow two way communication.

You will have to check up on this to see if it is still the case.

Reaction score
OK you have the OTG adaptor but sadly that may not be enough.

Not all Android devices actually support the function.

It seems that specifically with Samsung, some do and some do not and even within the same model it depends upon chipset and ROM kernel.

I fell foul of this with an Asus tablet quite a few years ago, if I plugged in the OTG adaptor and plugged a memory stick into the adaptor the tablet would not see it

I suggest you ring Samsung product support.

Or, consider buying an iPad.

Reaction score
About OTG, there is an app in google play that allows you to check if your phone is OTG compatible or not. Mine is but it is not helping.. I asked casio support about that and here is the answer:

"Regarding your question, we can inform you about
the following.

The CTK-810IN is not compatible with Android, but only with Windows.
In this case only with the Casio USB Driver, which can only be installed up to Windows 8.1.
Link to compatibility list:
http://support.casio.com/en/support/osdeviceSearch.php?cid=008002002&keyword=
Please visit us on our website:
http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/support/
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
2IRTE5gkydVq96pU-ACPfYwwpyo4Vel3kK0w3p3kSB9L8AbMLZDVUunFZmeAL_ZPrfL_GwzeSKHdGAC1oOmUycFk0jXtpg6FkFGNe2UebeMqFvHiWSIr

Achim Drittner
European Support Center

I am considering buying an old iPad (where simply piano app would work) or hack into android drivers somehow..

Ask a Question