Casio CTK-7000

Reaction score
To play the midi file-s on ctk 7000 from SD card must i first format the SD card? And if so, what is the procedure.
Thank you.

MasterX

Reaction score
I was in the shop the other day and it was on special for £200.00 seems like a bargain to me - I currently have a Yamaha PSR 340 which hold a special place in my heart, but i think it is time to trade up.

Anyway i was in the shop and asking the dude various things about the keyboard and the only thing he could tell me with certainty was that it comes with the power cable as standard! (Turns out it was only his second day in the job and he did not know a lot about it)

The only thing i wanted to know for certain was is:
After you have recorded your music onto the keyboard, can you copy the exact replica of your recording onto your PC or laptop? I know he said something about being able to transfer MIDI files onto to the computer, but the only thing i need to know is if i make a recording and transfer it to my computer, it is not going to convert it into a lame bleeping MIDI version of the original recording i have made?

Any help is much appreciated!

The Y_man

Reaction score
Yes you can in theory..... it's a wav file.

See page E-121 of the manual (available form the Casio site downloads area)

In real terms though, I found the recording had a few funny issues ("drop outs", clicks) - I think it is the speed of the card I am using. You may need to use a high speed SDHC card.

The Y-man

Ask a Question