Korg PS60 vs. Casio CTK-7000

Reaction score
Hi all, thanks in advance for any help.
Been reading through the forums and seen plenty on both of these boards. Kind of interested in any head-to-head opinions out there.
For my situation. lead guitarist in gigging original rock band (kind of early 70's, Deep Purple sort of sound). In the space and studio I've been messing around with a midi board and PC to add synth, organ and piano layers to our music. Tried bringing that to a gig and it was a disaster. (I already hump 2 to 3 guitars, amp, pedalboard etc.)
Don't want to break the bank (Trying to stay sub $500) but want a semi-reliable, gig worthy keyboard setup that can handle most sounds, is fairly light, doesn't take up too much stage space, and doesn't sound terrible.
Based on my research and stuff available in the Boston area, I'm looking at either a used Korg PS60 ($400) or a new Casio CTK-7000 ($349 but if I jump on a current GC deal could get it for $299).

Any opinions people have on these would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

The Y_man

Reaction score
I've posted a bit about the CTK-7000 on this forum - can't tell you anything about the Korg though.

You may not get the sound you need from the Casio for your needs....

The Y-man

Reaction score
Hey,

I bought the Korg PS60 a few months ago, was happy at first but now I'm pissed off.
I got tired of playing my Yamaha P95 digital piano and started looking for a synth for a reasonable price to play in a rock band. Ended up with the PS60 and now I realize that it's weak, disappears when the two guitars get loud. It's no use turning up the volume. People have a hard time hearing the damn thing and I've tried different studios and setups. It doesn't talk loud on the PA. Now I'm looking for a serious synth like a Jupiter 50 or V-Synth GT. I want people to hear me.

RAFFEX

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Check in the equalizer settings of your Korg to see if there's a volume boost in there. I recently bought a Kurzweil and found the output low so I googled it and there was a setting in the global effects to allow a 6.0 dB boost in output.

Ask a Question