casio piano lk-220

Reaction score
i need help i had my keyboard for 2 1/2 year and now it won't turn on i check 3 time and nothing i check the power supply for the wall it work but the keyboard is dead don't know if i need new parts does anybody know anything??????

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Depends on where you are located. Do you live in a rural area or a location with unreliable power lines?

Also what make and model of keyboard?

Does it have an external power adapter or does it have a power line feeding directly from the outlet to the back of the unit?

Do you own a DVOM? Have you checked the voltage output of the adapter if it uses one?

Also there may be an internal fuse. Do you know if there is a fuse holder accessible on the back panel?

What happens when you try plugging it in and turning it on? Do any lights or displays flash?

We need all this info to help you.

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Never mind. I just noticed the thread title with the Model Number.

I'll check if it has an internal fuse and get back to you.

Meanwhile answer the other questions.

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Can't find a service manual.

First of all if there is a fuse it is internal. Casio doesn't make them user accessible.

Secondly, check the battery compartment for an old set of leaking batteries.

If the batteries are leaking remove them and carefully clean out the compartment with a dry toothbrush being careful not to drop any of the crud inside.

If there are no batteries inside, try installing a fresh set of new batteries and see if it powers up without using the wall adapter.

Also take a DVOM and measure the output voltage on the adapter.

Again I need to know if batteries were installed and if you live in an area with bad electrical power.

Gary

Reaction score
Can't find a service manual.

First of all if there is a fuse it is internal. Casio doesn't make them user accessible.

Secondly, check the battery compartment for an old set of leaking batteries.

If the batteries are leaking remove them and carefully clean out the compartment with a dry toothbrush being careful not to drop any of the crud inside.

If there are no batteries inside, try installing a fresh set of new batteries and see if it powers up without using the wall adapter.

Also take a DVOM and measure the output voltage on the adapter.

Again I need to know if batteries were installed and if you live in an area with bad electrical power.

Gary
never installed battery since i buy it only once then i remove the battery the voltage is good 12v the power adapter work but the keyboard doesn't maybe it need a new borad where the plugs is

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Try it with a battery. If it works that will tell you if the connector on the board is bad or not.

Otherwise unless it's a blown fuse it would probably cost more to fix than it's worth.

Gary

Ask a Question