Yamaha P-35b VS Casio CDP-130 BLIND piano sound test! :)

Your choice is:

• Piano #1

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Piano #2

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi, guys! Again, this is my blind piano sound test Yamaha P-35b VS Casio CDP-130. Where sound is better? Thanks for listening! Hope on your feedbacks. Please, NO SPOILER!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You mentioned over on Casiomusicforums that you had reverb turned on on piano #1 so it's really not a fair test.

Best way to do these tests is side by side using the same MIDI file and the exact same recording inputs and levels.

Otherwise it's just a waste of time since sounds can be tweaked a thousand different ways on different keyboards.

Gary

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Are you sure he was talking about this test? In this test I think the second keyboard sounds more reverb-y than the first one. He's posted more than one blind test on YouTube, and in one of them (also between Yamaha and Casio, but different models) I did think the first keyboard sounded more reverb-y.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Okay, I see where he said "P.S. Sorry, one piano has reverb EFX more than another." But I don't think he meant that the first one has more reverb, rather that one of the two (he doesn't specify which one) has more reverb. Based on my own observations of comparing my Casio CTK-710's Grand Piano sound to my Yamaha PSR-E433's Grand Piano sound, I think I know which is which in the blind test, and one of the two brands (I won't say which) does usually have a lot of reverb turned on by default-- so he may have meant that in the default settings for one of the two there's more reverb than in the default settings for the other one.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If one has more reverb than the other in by default then why does he apologize for it in the message?

Gary

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I don't know-- hopefully he'll respond and clarify what he meant. :)

Ask a Question