Casio SA-2 turns off after 6/7 minutes

Reaction score
My Casio SA-2 turns off if unused after 6/7 minutes. Anyone know a way to stop this happening?

thanks

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
It is a feature to save power. I wouldn't want to over ride it since 6 minutes is a long time in stand by mode using up power.

Why do you want to over ride this feature? If you go away from your KB for a long period then return it is just a simple press "on" and your back on track.

Anyway you need to get up the manual to find the setting to deactivate this feature. My Yamaha does by pressing and holding down C1 as you turn it on at the same time. Not that I do it.

Good luck . . if you don't have the manual just google it and a pdf version will pop up:)
Cheers ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
On some Casios Power Saving Mode can be disabled by holding down TONE while powering up.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I haven't looked at the manual yet, but if you can disable it then you might also be able to select a different length of time. At least, that's the case with Yamaha models that have auto power off.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I can't find a manual for the SA-2, but the manual for the SA-46 does mention an auto power off feature that will turn off the keybord after 6 minutes if it's being operated on battery power. It would be preferable to use a power adapter; otherwise, the manual for the SA-46 mentions what Gary had suggested-- holding down the TONE button while turning on the keyboard to disable the auto power off feature.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I am curious now . . If you press and hold the tone button the NEXT time you power up, does the KB go back to the power saving mode?
ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Casios don't work that way Ray. You have to do the procedure everytime you boot up else it defaults to power save mode again.

You don't seriously think a $50 keyboard retains its settings on power down do you? :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The Casio SA series is intended for toddlers and little kids. It has a small number of tiny keys for little fingers, limited tone and rhythm capabilities and un confusing defaults like powersave to keep the kids from wasting the batteries when they go ADHD and wander away leaving it turned on :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
On a serious note . . On classy stage keyboards used in a band whereby there may be a track or two not using the keys or a long tacit gap (vocals or drum solo etc . .) One would not want the keyboard to shut off. It is a good feature either way.
Ray

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
That's why on most Casios the Powersave feature is accessible the same way. Turn it on holding TONE and it will stay on til the batteries die or lightning hits your powerlines.

Even their expensive models use the same keypress. At least my WK-6600 and XW-P1 worked that way. However the sleep time was quite a bit longer on those models. Closer to a half hour or an hour.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
AFAIK this feature exists on all Casios that can run on batteries.

I'm not sure if there's a powersave on the Celviano line of pianos though.

Frankly it makes sense on a unit that can exhaust batteries when not in use.

I can't really remember how long it took on the WK-6600 but I think my XW-P1 took anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes to shut itself down, even when running without batteries.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question