Cheap used with arpeggio function

Reaction score
Hey all, sorry for the newb question. I’m a guitarist that wants to get a cheap used keyboard for my little one to play on. He’s 5 so I don’t want to spend much, but he loves the arpeggio function on the DAW workstation in my studio…(makes him sound like he is doing a lot without much input). Is there a lower level Casio, yamaha, etc. with built-in speakers that has an arpeggio function? Thanks in advance for any helpful input.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I think most of the Casios in the $150-$200 range have arps.

Just go to their website and read the specs.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Also, look for a Yamaha E3xx series, it is a popular beginner keyboard that includes Arpeggio function, the latest version the E373 has 150.

Do check in the Manual of the model version you find to be sure that the Arpeffio feature is included in the iteration version of the model.

Some of the really cheap kids keyboards may have the feature but you will need to trawl through the specs of them.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you just want an inexpensive keyboard for him to have fun on, you might look at the Yamaha PSS-A50, which is a 3-octave instrument with mini keys:

It has 138 arpeggios, and even has a velocity-sensitive keybed. It can be connected to a computer, laptop, or tablet via USB for use with MIDI apps. Its street price is about $100 USD new, so you might be able to pick up a used one for substantially less.

Note that there are two other PSS models, but only the PSS-A50 has arpeggios.

Ask a Question