CTK 5000 or CTK 6000

Reaction score
Hi Folks - I know this topic has been discussed already. But am looking for an advise if I'll even require the features in CTK 6000. Below is my intro which talks about my skills: https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/hi.23980/

I've got a good deal on CTK 6000 costing just INR 2000 (~ $40) over CTK 5000. I can afford either of these models. But I know the key additional feature in 6000 is the Song sequencer. Is this a feature that's frequently used, and by a beginner?

I also see the Sampling and Lesson functions are missing in 6000. Is this some feature that will be missed?
I do not want to repent for missing any feature shortly after the purchase at the gain / loss of a few dollars.

Kindly advise. Am planning for this purchase in the next 4 days. Your quick advise is much appreciated. Thank you!

The Y_man

Reaction score
If you don't know any playing at all, the lesson feature can be very handy.

I have the CTK7000 but I don't use the onboard sequencer...... easier to use a free sequencer on the PC/Laptop.

The Y-man

Reaction score
Thanks for the inputs Y-Man. I do know playing keyboards, just that its with a single hand (right) :)
I have bought a CTK5000. It sounds alright. Still exploring it. I now wish I'd bought a sustain pedal as well.

I got a free carry bag, Keyboard stand and adapter.

Can you name a few free 8/16 track software sequencers?

Jac

Reaction score
Hi All,

So how many layers can you do on the casio? I'm thinking of getting the 7500. But then again I'm looking at the korg MA if it does layers...they're both cheap enough under $1000Aud

Jac

Reaction score
Is that for both the machines? I like playing the melody for example : a vibe intro, then switch to layered flutes, strings and piano then end with something else layered, all on the fly for performances

Jac

Reaction score
The man at my local music store wants me to buy the casio wk7500. I told him I wanted to do layers...anyway...that's great cos I can get a korg now, especially if the microarranger does melody layering and it seems a far superior machine and has speakers

The Y_man

Reaction score
The only major drawback for the microarranger for me is the tiny keys......

And I must say the CTK-7000 would be a better comparison (same as WK7500 but less keys) if you only need 61 keys.

Korg MA AU$729
Casio CTK-700 AU$549

Also, Caiso has speakers on board too.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Jac

Reaction score
The keys are smaller but for a lady's hands and children that may use it , it should be ok. I'm happy with 61 keys and the ability to have a bass line in it...I think the MA has a bass button.

I have around $1000, I thought the korg would give better features/sounds and should last a few years, it has speakers.

The casio can't layer though, not sure how many voices the korg would layer. The MA seems easier to navigate than the microstation and no need for an amp

Thanks
Jac

The Y_man

Reaction score
I have around $1000, I thought the korg would give better features/sounds and should last a few years, it has speakers.

The casio can't layer though, not sure how many voices the korg would layer. The MA seems easier to navigate than the microstation and no need for an amp

The MA can layer up to 3 sounds according to the manual I just download for it....

The Y-man

The Y_man

Reaction score

Jac

Reaction score
They should be nice rich sounds though, especially some of the orchestra brass types.
I would imagine being an arranger the sales, drums on the split side would be the same if not more???

Jac

Reaction score
Having a look now...I thought it was a synth and would therefore need a lot of programming before gigs

Have you tried the korgs?

The Y_man

Reaction score
Having a look now...I thought it was a synth and would therefore need a lot of programming before gigs

Have you tried the korgs?

I have an old Korg EX-800 synth if that counts :p

The PA50 is a "portable arranger" like the Casio CTK series and Yamaha PSR series - i.e. preset tones with relatively little you can do to program them etc compared to a "synth" like a Yamaha MM6 etc. (I say "relatively" becuase compared to 20 years ago it is amazing what can be done.

The Y-man

Jac

Reaction score
Sorry, playbook is playing up! The pa 50sd sounds good on paper, I have to compare how many voices etc, with the Ma

The Y_man

Reaction score
From the Korg website:

Both are 62 voice poly with 32MB PCM ROM

Microarranger

662 Preset programs (including a Stereo Piano and 256 "GM level 2 programs")
33 drum kits (including 9 GM level 2 drum kits)

128 user programs + 64 user drum kits
Up to 304 Styles in Solid State Disk (256 preload +48 User
PA50-SD
More than 660 programs (including GM level 2 programs).
32 drum kits.
128 user programs + 64 user drum kits.
Up to 304 Styles in Solid State Disk (256 preload +48 User).

Almost dead even spec wise - both use the same sound generator.

The Y-man

Jac

Reaction score
Pretty well the same but with normal size keys.

For nearly the same $$$ the pa 50sd is probably the way to go.

Ask a Question