Does anyone make a 76 weighted key piano?

Reaction score
I have three 88 key Roland pianos (A90, RD300, RD800), and like their 64 key RD64, but that's too small. I need pro quality, not plastic $300 keys.

Reaction score
I find nothing in Sweetwater site, except for a $4000+ Nord, which is more than I want to spend.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe the Korg Grandstage 73 might suit you, or the the new SV2 73. Only 73 keys, mind you, not 76.
Yamaha CP73, weighted keys but not graded, unlike the Korgs...

Reaction score
In addition to the ones that Kaneda mentioned (and assuming that 73 keys is close enough), there's Nord Electro 6HP, Yamaha P-121, Dexibell P3 and S3 Pro.

Reaction score
In addition to the ones that Kaneda mentioned (and assuming that 73 keys is close enough), there's Nord Electro 6HP, Yamaha P-121, Dexibell P3 and S3 Pro.
Thanks for the responses. I'm looking into the Dexibell (VIVO S3 Pro, I think it is). Looks promising.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Check the Kurweill SP4-7.

Slightly above budget but you should be able to find a used one close to your price.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks, Gary (a/k/a happyrat1). I have been looking at the Kurzweil Artis 7, which Sweetwater has for $1999, which is right in the range I'm looking to spend. It looks real nice. It apparently has semi-weighted keys, which I wouldn't prefer to play (I can remember when semi-weighted was the big upgrade!). I'll look around for the SP4-7, which Sweetwater doesn't appear to have.

Reaction score
Update...I do find the SP4-7 being reviewed in the Sweetwater site and it's easy to find elsewhere. Semi-weighted, as well. Promising, though. Thanks!

Reaction score
Besides Kurzweil SP4-7 and Artis 7 mentioned (which have different actions form each other), other 7x-key SEMI-weighted boards include Roland VR-730 and FA-07 (ditto), and Vox Continental 73, among others.

Reaction score
Talk to @CowboyNQ about the Kurzweil SP4-7.
Thanks for the shout out Gary,

@DavidDMusic, I no longer own the SP4-7 but Gary's right I did use it for gigging for quite a few years. The only reason I sold it was I wanted to go with a fully weighted action and 88 keys.

It has what I consider to be an excellent semi-weighted action. Quite responsive and not too bad for playing piano on. The bonus is it's half decent for playing organ/synth patches on too. A bit of a compromise all around, but a pretty good one. Another benefit of the light action was the fact it was pretty light weight for a "stage piano". Sounds good too.

Not the most versatile thing going around, but it does what it does well. I recommend trying one before you buy as actions are very subjective. It certainly doesn't feel like a hammer action.

Reaction score
Update...I do find the SP4-7 being reviewed in the Sweetwater site and it's easy to find elsewhere. Semi-weighted, as well. Promising, though. Thanks!
Thanks for the shout out Gary,

@DavidDMusic, I no longer own the SP4-7 but Gary's right I did use it for gigging for quite a few years. The only reason I sold it was I wanted to go with a fully weighted action and 88 keys.

It has what I consider to be an excellent semi-weighted action. Quite responsive and not too bad for playing piano on. The bonus is it's half decent for playing organ/synth patches on too. A bit of a compromise all around, but a pretty good one. Another benefit of the light action was the fact it was pretty light weight for a "stage piano". Sounds good too.

Not the most versatile thing going around, but it does what it does well. I recommend trying one before you buy as actions are very subjective. It certainly doesn't feel like a hammer action.
I'm not sure if you noticed my original post. I have three nice 88 key weighted keyboards, most recent of these being the Roland RD800, which I really like. I was once a fan of semi-weighted digital keyboards because weighted keys hadn't yet arrived. I don't intend to go back. I tried a Yamaha CP73 and really did not like it. So, I'm pretty much looking at the Korg options and the Dexibell S3, at the moment, because they have weighted keys. I think Crumar's 73 key deck is weighted, as well, so I'll go back and look at it. I know it has strong EP voices but not sure of the options for AP.

In the meantime, once music stores reopen, I should probably sit back down on a modern semi-weighted keyboard to see if my memory is deluded or if they're better than what I recall. It would certainly provide me with more options if that is true.

Thanks for all the helpful comments!

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you noticed my original post.
I did. I entered this thread because Gary mentioned my use of the SP4-7 specifically. To repeat myself - it feels quite different to a hammer action and I recommend IF you were considering going in that direction to physically try one first.

Ask a Question