Drum Machine and User Patterns

Reaction score
Does anyone has experience with the following:
Can I load midi patterns - made on a computer as a user patterns in entry level drum machines, such as Alessis sr 18, or Roland DDR 3?

Any suggestion would be appreciated

Mayo

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I own an SR-18 and there is no facility to allow the import of MIDI sequences short of a sysex dump that would overwrite a bank of patterns.

But there is no editor software or anything like that. It has no USB port and only has MIDI IN and OUT and was not really designed with computer awareness in mind.

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Well while it IS possible to send a MIDI file to the SR-18 from a sequencer to play it as an instrument, it's not possible to directly upload user patterns into the unit's memory.

On the other hand, take a look at the Korg Electribes. The latest version out is the Electribe 2. Being a modern instrument with built in USB it should be able to load and save user patterns and I believe it ships with editing software.

Not exactly a "cheap" drum box though it seems very powerful and modern. Generally sells for $399 street price.

Gary

Ask a Question