Drum pattern change with voice change ?

Reaction score
Hey people,

Sometimes when I start a drum pattern, do some adjustment in the grid setting of the arpeggio, run an arpeggio and then try to change the voice of the keys, the sound/key of the initial drum which is running also changes with the voice.

If I turn it off and on and run the whole thing again, but skipping the adjustment in the grid menu of the arpeggio, the sound of the drums will remain the same, even if I change the voice.

Is this a normal behavior?
If so, is there any way I get the drum pattern to remain stable while I look for a voice?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry, it s juno ds88.
I ve tested it some more and if I click exit every time I go in and out of each menu the drum doesn’t change when you change the voice.

But if I go in and out of different settings: arpeggio, tempo, rhythm pattern etc while the drum pattern is playing, at one point it will change as I ve described.

If I press stop on the start/stop button and change it from pop to reggae, it goes back to working fine.

It might be a bug, but it looks like something minor. It seems to me that somehow it is reading that you are changing the sound of the drum, while you re trying to change the voice of the piano.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The problem is when running multiple layers, the FX change resulting in slightly different timbres.

You should be able to go into your performance, edit the FX and save the performance.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
So this happens only if I m running a drum beat that I ve previously changed the original drum sound to.

Start/stop doesn’t make the drum beat stay in the same timbre, only changing the beat to a new pattern (using something which is unaltered).

I understand that the way around this is to save your performance, the alteration of the beat and whatnot.

Will update if I get around to doing that.
Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, you can go an save each sound in the Pattern Sequencer- create a drum pattern yourself, load it and then layer another sound on it.
If you want to use the juno s drum pattern and just want to find another matching sounds to play on keys what I ve described before becomes quite annoying as you can never rely on the sound that you wanted in the drum pattern..:

Ask a Question