E-mu Proteus Plus Keyboard need repair info

Reaction score
OK, apparently my Go Bag wasn't as water proof as I thought and one of the cats peed on it and by the time I discovered it some of the etch was trashed.

I've been in electronics for over 50 years and have the board thoroughly cleaned all is well except for one key for which the after touch never stops.

I have some Silver ink to replace the etch but I am having trouble seeing where the etch is missing.

Does anyone know of a repair shop that can handle this, or better yet does anyone have a picture of the etch for the keyboard board, especially the lower half?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi, Perhaps if you upload a picture it would be better for some to understand your problem. I've repaired lots of keyboards although never had an E-mu Proteus Plus. Are you talking about the contact boards underneath the keys at the key-bed?
Regards...

Reaction score
Hi, Perhaps if you upload a picture it would be better for some to understand your problem. I've repaired lots of keyboards although never had an E-mu Proteus Plus. Are you talking about the contact boards underneath the keys at the key-bed?
Regards...
Yes, it's the board where all the little carbon pill over etch contacts are at.

Reaction score
Hey @Cosmos .

I sent you a DM. Could you get back to me please?
Sorry but I can't see it as my Facebook account for some reason I do not know got locked and they asked me for my ID card and a photo to unlock it but I do not want to give them that info. I could do without Facebook and to tell the truth I don't like it much. If you like you could send me your email but don't know if this would be wise or not on this forum. I could contact you by email then but you know best.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
No. I mean that I started a private conversation with you here on the forum.

Look at the tiny envelope icon top right of the screen.

Ask a Question