Emu Classic Keys display

Reaction score
Bought a used Emu Classic Keys and the display is scrambled. Any way to get it back? Would reinitializing it restore the patch names? It works fine otherwise. Battery replacement?

Reaction score
Scrambling displays are likely but not always tied to the need of a battery replacement. Knock out the inexpensive causes first, i.e. replace the battery then reinitialize the module. See if that corrects your problem. If not, take it to a tech. You could try to first reinitializing the module but in reality if the scrambling occurred due to loss of memory it is going to do it again unless you replace the battery.

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt reply. I suspected it might be the battery but wasnt sure. I cant reinitialize with the scrambled display anyway, so I will try this first. I hope the new battery gets the display back so I CAN reinitialize it.

Reaction score
The battery replacement itself wont unscramble the display, all it will do is retain the memory when powered on after a power off event. You need to figure how to do a system restore to potentially get the operating system reloaded correctly. Check the manual, sometimes it is holding down a combination of buttons while turning on the module. If you have to navigate through a bunch of screens that are scrambled in order to do the reset then it will be a challenge.

Ask a Question