Fantom-0 rebate

Reaction score
Hello... new to the forum here, and a novice keyboardist... although I've been a musician for over 40 years (mainly bass and sax).

Quick question: right now I'm deciding between a Fantom-07 and a MODX7+. Right now, Roland is offering a $200 rebate... any chance that's because they're trying to clear out existing stock because they're going to update the 07 to increase its 256MB internal memory (and maybe some other specs) in response to the (reasonably) recent MODX+ upgrade and the coming release of the updated Montage? If so, that would make this decision very easy. Thanks!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Nobody here has the slightest clue what manufacturers are offering before the usual press announcements.

And we have even less of an idea of whether or not any new models are better or worse than last year's.

Why not just pick the one that works and sounds best for the money in your mind instead of trying to game the system.

Unless you're only buying the behemoth for the best harmonica sound ever, let your ears and fingers tell you which one wants to come home with you the most?

Personally, to me, Korg and Yamaha are poor cousins to the antichrist incarnate, but they don't even scan on my radar when I need a particular board.

I've temporarily replaced my Kurzweil workstation with a nice, cheap, Numa Compact 2x.

All I wanted was bread and butter sounds and a few good fx and aftertouch in a controller and I got my wish for a song.

And I have plenty of other synths to fill in the gaps. ;)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I certainly would not be conned by a rebate offer, there is or rather there will be a reason behind the offer.

I would rather wait and see and if an update 0 series comes out then IMO that would be far better than the current model.

Which one to buy for me would be a simple choice, I’d go for the Roland, I do not like Yamaha’s strings and brass sounds, they are screeching and harsh, much prefer Roland’s offerings, but that is my choice.

When I tried a MODX as well as the sound quality the keybed was not to my liking and the menu system, deep and not intuitive. In fairness though Yamaha Piano sounds are IMO the best.

Do go into a Music store and try them back to back if you can, then decide what works for you.

Reaction score
Yes - much more important than a sale or rebate is having the instrument YOU like the best. Big fan of Roland - have used the Fantom X6 workstation for recording since 2004. 19 years of great service.

Reaction score
Then again...

IF you were on the verge of buying one anyway -- then do it this month!

Old No7

Ask a Question