Rearrange instruments inside a scene (Fantom 06)

Reaction score
Hi guys I have just this single question, is there a way to rearrange instriuments in a scene in a Roland Fantom 06? Sometimes I create a split with multiple layers each, but there are times were I would like to add a new instrument and I'd like to have them well organized, all left hand instruments at the top of the scene and all right hand instruments after.

And by the way, is there also a way to duplicate an instrument inside the same scene to avoid having to navigate to select it again ?

Thanks guys!

Reaction score
There is no way to copy-and paste a part (zone), whether to a different location within the same scene, nor to a different scene. Nor can parts (zones) be saved/recalled as their own entities, which would be another way to accomplish the same thing.

It is a big limitation I've run into as well. You gave one reason for wanting to be able to move the sounds (zones) around, to arrange the sounds of a scene more logically, which can also provide better ergonomics in terms of which slider is affecting which sound. Another reason is that I might want to move the sound I have in Zone 2 to another location, to free up Zone 2 for a tonewheel organ sound (since that's the only zone you can put a VTW sound in). Or there might be zones I've set up for external sounds from an iPad, which I'd like to re-use in other existing Scenes, without having to set them up from scratch again

This is one reason I wish there were an editor/librarian for this board, since that could conceivably provide for a solution here even if they do not provide it in the board.

Reaction score
I guess I'll have to live with this, is not critial, but it would be nice to have in a future.
Thanks guys!

Ask a Question