Small powered speakers for synth (MODX or Fantom 0)

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the UE Boom 3 (or similar like the JBL Flip) speakers with your keyboard? i.e., using the wired connection not the bluetooth...

I realize they may not have the best fidelity, but since I have several of these around may be able to use them when I get my synth. Mostly looking for how satisfied (or not) you may be.

Thanks

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the UE Boom 3 (or similar like the JBL Flip) speakers with your keyboard? i.e., using the wired connection not the bluetooth...

I realize they may not have the best fidelity, but since I have several of these around may be able to use them when I get my synth. Mostly looking for how satisfied (or not) you may be.

Thanks
Im not sure anyone else but you can zero in on whether such speakers would be okay for you. I do installations and consult for a number of clients, and I can tell you that Ive sometimes wound up doing, upon request, offbeat things like integrating Boom 3s, B&O bluetooth speakers, IKM iLouds, Yamaha 2:1 soundbars (amongst other things) into their setups, with the client happy with the results, at least at that stage in their journey. A speaker is a speaker. Though I personally own a pair of full-range Yamaha HS8s, I've actually used other speaker form factors for supplemental monitoring without regrets. So if you have at least 2 UE Boom 3s (especially) just laying around, you should try them out in a wired stereo configuration with your own ears to see whether the actual sonics is acceptable to you for the time being; while also checking out the published frequency response specs to see if the numbers are assuring. At the very least you get to use something you already have until you get to the point (if ever) where you feel you need to spring for something more appropriate. My 2 cents.

—TMon

Last edited:
Reaction score

Thanks

I had the same question since keyboard's amps are really pricy... I ended up getting a MLab Street 3 karaoke speaker for about 30$ in my local shop and it works PERFECTLY for playing in your leaving room with friends or to practice.

Attachments

• gsc_113153488_549970_1.jpg
    gsc_113153488_549970_1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 8

Ask a Question