Folding Piano

Reaction score
Wondering if any one uses one of these light weight folding pianos available on Amazon ? Are they. Decent or junk? I am 82 and find lugging my Yamaha Psr 775 around tough. Or maybe U can recommend a lighter arranger With decent piano sound.
Appreciate any help.
Cal

Reaction score
No experience of a folding keyboard, my suggestion if you are keen would be to buy one on Amazon, be careful with the packaging, try it and return it if it is junk. I would not expect one to have arranger features.

The lightest digital piano with arranger features is the Casio PX S3100 @ 11.5kg, the less equipped CDP S360 @ 10.9kg.

The lightest 88 key keyboard is probably a Numa Compact @ 7.2kg, it does have a semi weighted keybed but no arranger features.

A Yamaha PSR E473 arranger has 61 keys and is 7.0kg, a better equipped X600 is 8.1kg and the X700 & X800 are 11.5kg

Ignoring arranger features a Korg Kross 2 has 61 keys and @ 3.8kg (3.8 is not a typo) it is the lightest and smallest keyboard out there, no onboard amp and speakers but I used to have one and had a Boss Katana Mini amp, both would also run on batteries.

As your 775 is 11.1 kg your options are very limited

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I have seen roll-out pianos.
They are like a vinyl mat. They are ac powered too. They roll out like a beer mat on a bar. They have a small speaker attached.
I don't think they have arranger features however. I wonder if you can amplify these.
Ray

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There's the $100 toy versions, then there's a new generation of pro and semi pro folding models

Depends on his budget and which type he's talking about.

Ask a Question