Gear Lust IS a thing!

Reaction score
Hello All,

Hope life for all of you is near normal now. As some of you'd know I have two keyboards since the past 2 odd years - a Korg Pa700 and a Juno DS 88 keys. I am a hobbyist and mostly play at home.

I haven't really gone deep into either of these boards mostly due to lack of time and inertia in learning the workflow. I have a request to all of you - I need you guys to talk me out of buying the Roland Fantom. Yup, I have set my sights on this machine since the past 2 years and the new n/zyme engine makes me want this toy. I know there is a cheaper Fantom 0, but I want the original Fantom.

I had really wanted to buy the Korg Kronos in the days gone by, but somehow didn't get around to it.

The 9 sound engines in the Fantom plus the fact that I can afford it makes me want to buy it just for you know, having the flagship keyboard finally.

Please help!

Reaction score
Hello Mr Biggles! (BTW, are you a commercial pilot, your DP gives me that impression) - I want the Flagship Fantom. Not the Fantom 0.

Now talk me out of it ☺️

Reaction score
You will not get any support from me against buying an O.

Not a commercial Pilot just a lowly PPL, the image is of me in the pilot’s seat of a Piper Warrior that I had flown into Barton Aerodrome near Manchester with a mate to attend a Flying Show, the Biggles refers to my love of the pseudo Captain WE Johns children‘s books that I used to read when I was a kid.

Go on, buy one.

Reaction score
Hi ALL,

The only workstation/synth I would buy at the moment the Fantom O , but will need to wait a untill I have the money

Brian
Hello Brian!

If I may ask, why the Fantom 0? It doesn't have after touch, the analog filter, n/zyme engine and all zen core purchases (Juno 60) etc are not free. Plus I guess the build quality is light. Why not buy the Fantom 6 - the flagship (except for the price, of course)

Ask a Question