Greetings from Reno, Nevada...

Reaction score
Hello there, new to the forum.

I'm about a week from delivery of a new Yamaha PRS SX900, and can hardly wait. I traded in a Korn Pa700 to get this instrument. The Korg is a wonderful beast of a machine, but far too complicated for me. I'd find a feature one way or another, but couldn't even find my way back to it. I'm a player, not a sound engineer! The EX900 looks to be far more intuitive and usable right out of the box.

Before that, I had a Casio xxx700, which was pretty good in it's day. Before that, I recall one or two Yamahas.

Anyway, I'm a home hobbyist, who likes to sing with some on some of my recordings, despite the fact that I'm out of the shower at those times, and can't get the wonderful acoustics available there. I'm recently retired, do some collaborating with other musicians from a distance (my current collaborations are with a fellow in Virginia). Looking forward to soaking up all the advice and suggestions you folks share so willingly. Perhaps I can even help someone else as well.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi Gee
Welcome.

A friend of mine has had the psr sx900 on order for 6 months.
He is getting frustrated with the long wait.
Here in Australia we have short supply of many things. That model doesn't seem to have a huge market so the retailers don't stock it.
I will be looking to your reports when you get it.
Good luck.
Ray

Reaction score
Thx Ray! My dealer told me I was lucky because there had been a long delay here in the States as well. Told me my timing was perfect. I’m super excited and very grateful as well.

Reaction score
Hey Gee, I know at least one person who actually made recordings in his shower (no water running!) to get the natural reverb from the tile :)

Ask a Question