heat

Reaction score
I have gigs now during the week!- (good)- but now I have to pack my truck in the morning and let it sit in hot parking lot until later afternoon (bad)- It's in the 90's here- For today- I brought my 2 keyboards inside work so they would not cook- Does anyone know what temp these types of boards can withstand? I have a Yamaha S90ES and a Korg M50- Both in black hardshell cases.... just curious what anyone thinks about leaving them in hot car and what can possibly happen

Reaction score
The S90ES manual says the following: "Do not expose the instrument to excessive dust or vibrations, or extreme cold or heat (such as in direct sunlight, near a heater, or in a car during the day) to prevent the possibility of panel disfiguration or damage to the internal
components".
I would say the majority of keyboards are well built and the componants are able to withstand pretty intense heat. Think about a live stage with Lights, Strobes, Smoke Machines, that is pretty tough conditions to work in. Much better than damp and water.

Ask a Question