Hi all..WHAT HAVE I DONE?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Graham, i am 51 years old\YOUNG!! and i have decided to learn to play keyboard...:eek:

It is something i have wanted to do for a long time but always seemed to put off, however i have taken the plunge and bought myself (after loads of youtube watching, listening, and pricing) a Kurzweil PC3X. I just loved the sound of so many of the instruments i just went ahead and ordered it.....:D

And i can't wait for it to arrive. Patience was never a strong suit. Having said that it's probably one of the most necessary attributes for learning to play....:confused:

I want to be able to noodle around with the sounds and generally have some fun between trying to learn some sort of structured music theory. Hoping to be able to learn some blues & boogie woogie type riffs and maybe some popular stuff...my kinda popular....Beatles, easy listening....:cool: NO classical aspirations whatsoever.

I have been researching self teaching and am going to give myself several months using only online free resources and see how i do, if it's all painfully slow then i may have to bite the bullet and get me a teacher....:(

Well thanks for looking in, hope to see ya all at the Royal Albert Hall someday...;)

All the best Graham.

Reaction score
Hey Graham!

I'm a newbie at the forums too!
But I must say that one person is never too young or too old to learn music.
I'm so glad that you're getting yourself a keyboard! It's such a wonderful feeling to be able to express what you want through music.
I understand your anticipation. That's exactly what I felt when I was waiting for my first keyboard to arrive.
You've made a great decision and this truly is a beginning of something new and exciting in your life.

Cheers!
And tell us what happens next!
I'll see you soon at the RAH!

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new toy :)

PC3X is a great keyboard filled with "bread & butter" sounds so you really
won't need to do much programming to sound good.

The keybed on the PC3X is a perfect compromise between synth action/waterfall keys and weighted hammer piano keys so you'll be able to play all types
of sound with a great feel to them.

Good luck with your learning and feel free to ask for help if you bump into trouble

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome, this seems like a nice place to be.

Guys i just had the call....:) shes being delivered today..:D

To say i can't wait is a slight understatement..Woooohoooooo!!

Reaction score
Oh... one thing... could you please not increase the font size of your posts? :D

We can see/hear you quite well hehe

Reaction score
That's a nice keyboard Graham. Good luck on your musical adventure. Try for 15-20 mins five (or six days a week) - not three hours on a Sunday morning. Post back for book/CD suggestions in a few months if you get stuck in a rut (I teach as well as gig).

Reaction score
Sorry about font

Hi, sorry for the font size, it's for my eyes not impact or anything...:eek:

Thanks goz211 i'll do exactly that, 20 mins a day seems about right at the moment, my hands start to ache and my back....:mad:

I absoloutely love this thing..I wanna start my recording career now...:D

Get ready for the hip-hop urban hardcore garage gangsta mix of michael row your boat...:cool:

Thanks again guys...Graham.

Ask a Question