Hi, I'm just a guitar player.

Reaction score
But I love keyboards for their limitless tonal and harmonic ability. I like messing with weird harmonies, synth & string pads, vintage organ and Rhodes sounds. My goal is to use them for recording original music. I've been playing guitar for many years, much of it pro. I approach keyboards non-technically and go for sound rather than virtuosity. This serves my style of composition more effectively.

I have three keyboards:
Yamaha DGX-205
Korg ES-50 (old analog)
Casio WK-110

My purchases were based on a combination of cost, availability and sound.

Reaction score
Welcome to the keyboard forums LarryN...I'm just an ol' guitar player too, and about the same reasons for playing the keys. I do gig out nowadays on the keyboard, sit down gig, and really enjoy the different aspect it gives me to contributing to the band. I play by ear and the heart and basically am self taught. Have fun!

btw, what kinda amplification are you using?

Reaction score
Same here.I just like experimenting with my keyboard.I don't realy know the theory that well.I'm still taking beginner class.

Ask a Question