Hi there newbie from the UK with a Korg

Reaction score
Had a Yamaha, now I do not.

Have owned one of the new Korg PA700 keyboards for a month now.

Still getting to grips with the operating system.

Love the inbuilt styles, songbook and the ability to create setlists.

MIDI to style conversions work very well.

Saw and heard a demo of the new PA1000 and PA4X Osimo last week, two excellent keyboards, both very aspirational at the moment for my limited keyboard skills but they give me something to aim for.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Yes, welcome, Biggles! That MIDI to style thing sounds handy, although I don't use styles much myself.

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Nav, enjoying the crisp cool airs of Canada!

Sounds like i am in a similar position to Biggles - except I am still holding on to my good good old Yamaha PSR 3000. I did buy a Kronos recently, which I doubt will ever see justice in my inexperienced hands. (Admittedly with dollops of passion and utter lack of any talent). A Push 2 with Live 9 and a Deep Mind 12 keep me aptly heady. :)

But I still suffer from GAS. Thus trying to evaluate between PA4x or the PA1000. Although the specs sheet indicates PA1000 functionality daringly close to the PA4x, have read from members here that the sound difference is way better in PA4x, (justifying the nearly twice the cost of PA 4x?).

Genos ..? Naah..they ask for an arm and quarter of the left leg!

Concern with PA4x is if an upgraded model comes in soon thereby depleting its value.
Also here the Oriental version might cost $300 to 400 over the PA4x - any views on whether those extra 150 sounds + 150 styles justify the difference. (Atleast I could not spot any other technical difference on the boards - specs wise).

Apologies Biggles for posting it under your post, which is merely because this is the closest I could find to similar quest of comparing a PA1000 to PA4x.

Any comparisions, pros and cons etc will be helpful. I do appreciate it may not be straightforward.

Cheers
Nav

Dear MODERATORS:
I would be happy to delete this post from here and create a new instead - if you think that would be rather apt.

Reaction score
Welcome Nav.

After listening to both the 4X and 1000 through the same PA ststem and the same range of songs played by a guy who really can play, the 4X is the one to go for.

The 4X demo was off the latest V2 software and the tweaks that Korg UK has done to it.

As it happens I have just received an invite by my local store to a demo evening next month on the Genos.

They have two chances of me buying a Genos (1) little (2) none. Its a £1000 more than a 4X in the UK which in turn is £900 more than a 1000.

Reaction score
Thanks Biggles! The welcome and the quick response: much appreciated. Much as I respect Yamaha the Genos feels expensive.

If chance comes across again, it would be great to hear your feedback on the PA4x Oriental version differences (is it sold in the UK ?) The youtube videos never do justice to quality of sound comparisions (no complaints).

Good luck with your decision!

Reaction score
Hello Nav! There are several Candians here. I also have a Kronos. If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask.

Ask a Question