How do i enlarge screen on my yamaha dgx670 so its easier to read music etc

Reaction score
i have a dgx670 i would like to enlarge the screen to a tv 21 inch monitor.is there a way to do this easily.also could somebody walk me through the easy way to import new styles and songs to the piano via thumb drive

Reaction score
Welcome.

Answer to the first question, no, there is no video output so it is not possible. There is a wireless LAN adaptor available so perhaps with updates to the OS it may become possible.

Question 2, style files have a size limit of 120kb so do check that yours do not exceed this limit.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Answer to the first question, no, there is no video output so it is not possible. There is a wireless LAN adaptor available so perhaps with updates to the OS it may become possible.

Question 2, style files have a size limit of 120kb so do check that yours do not exceed this limit.
thanks biggles im not convinced because ive seen vidios of players on gdx670 with enlarged screens i bought a booster for the keyboard and plugged into ubs no joy says no signal on monitor but i think its probably the wrong monitor . on one vidio the guy said he tried three monitors but it wasnt a gdx any way ill keep u posted.
i bought a 2.o flash drive works great the thumb drive i originally tried a 3.0 thumb drive it draws too much power and wont initialise its too big.
what are the best style files i can buy to work on a dgx670 any idea there are so many i dont want spend £20.00 for nothing

Reaction score
Can you post a link to the videos you have seen with a large monitor.

If you have a Tablet then Yamaha have apps that enable contro of their keyboard, could this be what you have seen?

Could you have a look on the rear of your DGX to see what connections are there?

Specifically you are looking for a HDMI socket or even a Phono (it will probably have a yellow tab if there is one).

I ask because UK DGX models do not have any video output but this may differ in other countries.

Reaction score
Can you post a link to the videos you have seen with a large monitor.

If you have a Tablet then Yamaha have apps that enable contro of their keyboard, could this be what you have seen?

Could you have a look on the rear of your DGX to see what connections are there?

Specifically you are looking for a HDMI socket or even a Phono (it will probably have a yellow tab if there is one).

I ask because UK DGX models do not have any video output but this may differ in other countries.
ill have look for that particular vidio ill come back to u
what i do at the moment to read music other than sheet music is download free pdf music scores onto my apple 10inch i pad then i plug in a camera drive usb connector then a usb cable to monitor ,split the screen on i pad and use a page turner with my foot works great tad small on split screen but if i turn ipad sideways the music is massive you just have to use the page turner more often
ill look for that vidio and get back to u

Reaction score
the vidio i was referring to in my last post is called yamaha virtual clinic, the monitor is shown about 1 hour in see what you think there are others im still looking for
regards

Reaction score
Interesting video, I must watch it all.

Anyway I watched it from 57m to 1h10m and what you see is not a display from another monitor it is an overlay showing the actual screen of the DGX.

I have edited video and taught editing for over twenty five years and this is easy to achieve the keyboard is recorded as per the full overhead view. The video is then placed on track 1 of the editing programme and a copy placed on track 2 where it is basically cropped to display the area you want to show and the the cropped track is positioned and enlarged to suit. So you see what you see in the video, even though it was a live stream the process will be very similar to what I would do on my editing PC.

You have given me a hint in your response, you are splitting the screen, what other App are you using in the split screen besides the Sheet Music Reading app which I presume is OnSong or something similar?

Is this what you are seeking?

C6FB3EF5-CDC2-4E70-8975-17178AB03BE5.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
thank you biggles what you are showing on your screen is what im after.Im using digital score app to download and read on my monitor from my i pad.im trying to achieve music scores and styles on my new 2.0 flashdrive you recomended and then transfer the same score to my monitor
the adaptor i have is a usb 2.0 display adaptor
the ports on the back of my gdx670 are as follows 1 /usb to host 2 /aux pedal jack 3/ pedal unit jack 4 /mike input jack 5 /aux in jack
6/ phones output jack 7 /dc jack in. on dashboard on the front usb for flashdrive, when i plug display adaptor in here i get a light on adaptor to show theres power but monitor says no signal. i hope i have explained myself clearly and i thank you for going to all the trouble .regards

Reaction score
What you see in my image is not connected to my keyboard, it is just my iPad (11” Pro) and my PC monitor.

My TV is HD but not a smart one so no apps on it for Amazon Prime, Netflix etc to get around that I use the said Apps on my iPad and via Apple’s AV adaptor I connected that up to my iPad and then from the Adaptor via a HDMI lead to my TV so I can see whatever in on my iPad on my TV.

So here all I did was connect up to my PC monitor and display a copy of the iPad screen.

Reaction score
thanks biggles thats how i,m set up now exactly the same .as i have said before what im trying to do is plug my monitor into usb port on the dashboard so i can load my flashdrive with styles wich also come with the music score onto my dgx670 then save the styles to piano memory ,remove flash drive plug in moitor and use the memory on piano to read music and all the screen activity its almost imposible to read anything on the small screen built into piano.I hope this all makes sense its been done on most other makes of yamaha pianos so i cant see why it cant be done on a gdx670
regards

Reaction score
I do you really understand your text ….. plug my monitor into usb port on the dashboard so i can load my flashdrive with styles wich also come with the music score onto my dgx670 then save the styles to piano memory ,remove flash drive plug in moitor and use the memory on piano to read music

It makes no sense what you are trying to do.

Plugging a Monitor into a USB port is not going to allow you load your flashdrive with Style files.

A USB port is not designed to transmit video.

To have a video output from a keyboard you need a HDMI outlet, and these will be fitted to an SX or to a Genos.

Can you look at the physical size of the Style files you are trying to import and let us know the sizes of the largest.

Did you format your USB drive in your DGX?

If not please do so, then take your USB drive to a PC and insert it and using Explorer or File Manager look at the structure of the drive. What I am thinking is that the formatting also creates other folders on the drive and the Style files have to be in the correct locations in order to be seen by the DGX.

If all else fails use the software manager and load the Style files from your PC.

I am now done.

Reaction score
i have a dgx670 i would like to enlarge the screen to a tv 21 inch monitor.is there a way to do this easily.also could somebody walk me through the easy way to import new styles and songs to the piano via thumb drive
first idea for 'easily.. enlarge the screen to a tv 21 inch monitor...' would be to somehow attach a wireless camera to a gooseneck like the piano lamp. done.
51Q4ZwngWyL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Ask a Question