How to download original factory detault rhythms and settings from one keyboard to another

Reaction score
Hello

I have a casio CTK-671. The rhythms on this keyboard are designed so beautiful ( like electro pop, etc.). In newer models like CTK -4400,or CTK -7200 unfortunately , they have changed the configurations of the rhythms to the worse, that still I do not understand why?. I am trying to transfer the original factory default rhythms that exist on the casio CTK-671, to the CTK-4400. I checked the casio music site, and downloaded the rhythms that are at the site for CTK -671, and transferred to the CTK-400, but they are not original factory default rhythms of CTK-671.They are just additional rhythms. I am wondering if I can use data manager to download the rhythms from the CTK-671 keyboard itself , so I can transfer them to CTK-4400. I wonder if this is practical? I wished that Casio in their music site also added a page as original keyboard rhythms. I wish that someone from casio reads my comments, and mention it to people who manage the Casio music site. It was a blessing if I could download all the original factory default Rhythms of CTK-671 from casio music site

Any help is appreciated.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you fully understand the format of Casio's rhythm files (which I don't), and are a programmer or have a ready-made utility for creating or modifying Casio rhythm files (which I don't), then you might be able to play each rhythm to a MIDI file and try to use that to create a rhythm file. I don't know about Casio rhythms, but Yamaha styles have rules and commands that control how the accompaniment changes as you play different chords, so it might be necessary to play the accompaniment using different chords and chord types to be sure you or the utility can accurately assess how the rhythm file needs to be constructed.

Reaction score
Thank you for your information. Casio file format is .CKF extension. like( pop.ckf, Ballad.ckf).Casio has data manager software, also casio music site, and also Rhythm converter, that unfortunately uses only old versions of windows like windows 98, to xp versions, and also you have to have the cfk file available to put inside the rhythm converter as it does not recognize MIDI.
On Casio music site, casio has extra rhythms for Casio keyboards, but the sad thing is that all of rhythms that are inside the keyboard itself are not in Casio music site,,otherwise it was just so easy to download them into the keyboard, rather than having to go through all other challenges.
I have not seen better, and more beautiful rhythms that exist on casio CTK 7671 in other versions of casio CTK keyboards. Seems bunch of Japanese kids , just have ruined all the beauty, and fullness of the rhythms, , and have made them so dry,empty, and soul less.
I saw some tread which was not about casio particularly , but was mentioning that using Sonar cakewalk he could have 16 channels , and as he played the keyboard style , like intro, or ending, etc. he could record all 16 tracks into the Sonar( he mentioned that only Sonar allows you to record 16 tracks at the same time, not all MIDI software., and the end product will be a MIDI file with like 8 MIDI tracks that can be loaded into the keyboard as a pattern of a thyrhm like intro, etc., but the problem is that all parts of the rhythms ,like intro, main, ending, etc.on casio need to be in in ckf format, so MIDI is not recognized by Casio for rhythm patterns, Casio recognizes MIDI files as song play format. Well i just have to cross my fingers , that some day Casio publishes the complete rhythms inside casio music site.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Sonar is not the only DAW that can record 16 MIDI tracks at the same time. Most commercial DAWs have multiple editions available, targeted at different types of users and different budgets, from a "pro studio" edition with everything that costs the most, down to a "home" edition with a reduced number of virtual instruments or other features that costs the least, and sometimes even a "free" edition that has the least number of instruments and features. Depending on which type of edition you get, some DAWs do place a limit on the number of tracks you can work with. Maybe that's what the guy was talking about-- of the various DAWs he'd looked at that were within his budget, Cakewalk Sonar was the only one back then that allowed 16 or more MIDI tracks?

Ask a Question