How to repair contacts and conductors on the keybed PCB

Reaction score
I got a very old Kurzweil RG100SE with a dozen of either not working or "loud" keys. I cleaned the contacts on the strips and key contact board without any success. Then I checked for continuity and found some problems. Apparently, some conductors are broken. On top of that, some contacts on the PCB are in bad shape. I was not able to find the replacement online. I suspect my only option is to try to restore carbon contacts and their connections. I saw a YouTube video where the contacts were restored using a 6B pencil. As regards the conductors, I might need to use conductive ink. I have never used either. I would appreciate if someone shared their experience. There are plenty of conductive pens on Amazon. I don't know what one would work for the keyboard.

Attachments

• IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Then try the Rube Goldberg repairs you found on youtube and tell the next guy how it worked for you.

A new board is always better than a repaired one.

Ask a Question