I can't find the midi and audio files in my flash drive from my Yamaha psr s670 anymore

Reaction score
Hi all, after transferring some audio files from my laptop to My flashdrive,then I inserted it back to my keyboard (Yamaha psr s670) suddenly everything disappeared the audio files, the midi files that was saved in the flash through the keyboard can't be found anymore,but If I remove it and put it back in the laptop,i will find everything. Plz help.

Reaction score
If you have another flash drive I would suggest that you format it in the Yamaha.

Power down the Yamaha and remove the flash drive.

Insert the flash drive into your computer and transfer your files to it.

Remove the flash drive by using the correct Eject process.

Insert flash drive into Yamaha and power it on.

Test if all is OK

Report back.

NOTE
Please ensure you do not simply remove a flash drive from a device that is powered on, always eject them correctly.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BEFORE you do anything!

BACK UP your files to the computer and another drive while you still can.

Flash drives are not eternal. It's not a question of IF they fail but WHEN they fail.

ALWAYS KEEP MULTIPLE BACKUPS OF YOUR FILES. THIS APPLIES TO EVERY TYPE OF DRIVE.

You're lucky the computer can still read the drive.

Then worry if the failure is with the memory stick of the Yamaha's USB Drive.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
But I still use that flash drive to save new midi files even without formatting. But just can't find the old files

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
That's interesting! Are you putting everything in the same folder, or different folders? I don't know whether that matters; I'm just asking. Do the Owner's Manual or Reference Manual say anything relevant about saving audio files on a USB flash drive?

Reaction score
Lets get back to basics.

What is the format of the files you are trying to play?

IE
WAV, MP3 please include sampling and bit rates.

What is the source of the digital files?

IE
iTunes, Amazon, CD rip etc

Is protection applied to the files?

IE
DRM

If you look through the manual you will probably find that your audio files have to be of a specific format like WAV 44.1kHz 16 bit and if this is not using the correct file type and format the system will not play them.

If you are unsure, rip a CD but ensure it rips to WAV, check the format of the ripped file using MP3Tag and correct is needed, then load one file on your memory stick after removing all other files and see how it goes.

Finally never insert a flash drive or remove one whilst the keyboard isturned on, on a computer always use the Eject function, never, ever simply pull out a flash drive.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi all, after transferring some audio files from my laptop to My flashdrive,then I inserted it back to my keyboard (Yamaha psr s670) suddenly everything disappeared the audio files, the midi files that was saved in the flash through the keyboard can't be found anymore,but If I remove it and put it back in the laptop,i will find everything. Plz help.
I have done that bt it is the sema again

Ask a Question