I miss the hardware midi-controllers that gave you hands on performance

Reaction score
I used to own an M-Audio Oxygen 49 Controller. One of their cheaper models.

It was the biggest piece of crap I've ever played. It would skip notes like nobody's business unless I turned off velocity.

I've since replaced mine with an Alesis QX49. Light years better. The keys have a great feel and it hasn't skipped a note on me once.

The QX series is discontinued but has been replaced by the VI series. The VI series also has real MIDI ports as well as USB and can be powered by an optional AC adapter.

You get what you pay for...

Caveat emptor...

Gary ;)
thanks for the input....hope this model is better than the one you had.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The keys on my M-Audio Axiom 61-II are somewhat noisy, but no more noisy than I remember the keys on my nephew's Casio WK-110 being. (I mention the Casio partly for comparison-- in case you've ever played one, or can try one out in a local store-- and partly because it also has piano-style or box-shaped semi-weighted keys. So perhaps it's a fairly typical issue for those types of keyboards?) It's never been a problem for me, and I don't even think I really payed any attention to it until I was reading some reviews and some users mentioned it.

Ask a Question