Imminent hurricane

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Yes, I hope everyone in Florida and other areas affected by hurricane Hermine are safe and suffer no damage to life or property!

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Thanks to all. The storm path went well to my west, so all I've got to deal with is rain. It wasn't that heavy this morning, so I'm OK.

The state offices were closed. The local schools were closed. But City Hall. We're here.

At least there was less traffic this morning.

Reaction score
This thing is now skimming up the east coast of the US and still has a lot of moisture in it. So, it could cause flooding for everything in its path yet, but I just heard the WGN-Chicago meterologist discussing it. He says if it doesn't dissipate some by the time it reaches New York and New Jersey, it can have Sandy-like effects on Manhattan and the Jersey shores. Not so much from the wind, itself, but from the tidal surge it could cause. The storm surge from Sandy flooded all the subway tunnels in Manhattan, because it is basicly right at sea level. So, we need to keep all those folks in our thoughts too. As John Wayne would say: "Watchout ! This thing ain't over yet."

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Just because I had a mild storm doesn't mean the rest of you won't get hurt. Best of luck to the rest of you.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
According to our weather services the storm is going to hover offshore of NYC NJ for a couple of days then possibly pick up speed and hit the Atlantic Provinces here in Canada Wednesday.

Last bit I read there were two fatalities accredited to the storm so far.

Glad to hear that everyone's safe though.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question