iPhone to Juno DS88

Reaction score
Hi, I want to create drum machine beats with an app on my iPhone and send them to my Juno DS-88 to play through my monitors along with the DS-88 sounds. Is this possible? If so, can I do this with a lightning to midi usb cable or would it require a lightning to midi 5 pin?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I have an Apple Lightning to 3.5mm audio jack that I use to connect up my headphones, this will give you audio out.

A then cable with a 3.5mm stereo plug with whatever the Juno input connectors are at the other end of the cable will get you connected

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Fallen, 5-pin MIDI jacks never carry anything but MIDI data, they never carry audio of any type. Although in theory USB can be used for both audio and MIDI, very few keyboards support that (the only Roland with that feature is Fantom). To get audio into the Juno DS, you'd bring the audio in via its stereo mini "EXT INPUT" jack. If your iPhone has a headphone jack, you can get your audio out of the iPhone that way. Otherwise, you'd need an adapater, e.g. what Biggles mentioned.

Ask a Question