John Lennon- Jealous Guy(Cover)

Reaction score
Greetings, all!

have a look at my cover of this beautiful tune by John Lennon :

Comments/thoughts/suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks! :)

Reaction score
It sounds great!

I do have some personal remarks but this is only what I would do, it's not necesarily better, I wouldn't use so many 5ths in a row on my left hand, I would replace some with octaves. Even if the original is orchestrated and thus he had more possibilities, that is what Lennon does too, if you listen carefully.

And for future arrangements you can also think about the left hand like it also has its own melody, even if it is a secondary one, the voicings mustn't be ignored, the listeners may not notice it consciously but they will feel it and like it :)

Reaction score
It sounds great!

I do have some personal remarks but this is only what I would do, it's not necesarily better, I wouldn't use so many 5ths in a row on my left hand, I would replace some with octaves. Even if the original is orchestrated and thus he had more possibilities, that is what Lennon does too, if you listen carefully.

And for future arrangements you can also think about the left hand like it also has its own melody, even if it is a secondary one, the voicings mustn't be ignored, the listeners may not notice it consciously but they will feel it and like it :)

Thanks a lot for your time and thoughts!

I can understand what you are trying to say, and i absolutely agree with the idea of melody in the left hand, Great!

And coming from a senior player like you, I'd definitely try out other possibilities as well...For music comes naturally to the explorer :)

Ask a Question