Juno DI is letting me down by changing tone mid way

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a Juno DI used for lots of different songs. Lately it has tried my patience and here's how;
1. In the middle of a gig, without me touching anything it took a hissy fit and "forgot" all of my Favourite settings. Having a cow bell tone or a jet landing sound instead of an Orchestra in one of our rock songs is annoying to say the least. What the heck happened? ( As Hilary Clinton said)

2. I am trying to sort an "Oberheim" Van Halen Sound out for Jump. The Brass Jump setting is an excellent starting point, and easily tweaked to sound pretty close. But after saving the tweaked sound at say number 500 in the Brass Sounds, after about 10 seconds of playing the song, all is lost and it goes to a muffled and frankly, utterly naff sound. Again whats the story here?

I simply cannot have a temperamental synth which lets me down so badly...

Am I missing something or has the synth decided it doesnt like me anymore?

Reaction score
1. Could also be a dust buildup inside.

2. Check out patch 592. "OB Saw HD". I've not heard it but seems a likely suspect. There's some other sawtooth patches nearby that might get the job done too.

Reaction score
No sign of an internal battery, I've used canned air to clean it inside it wasnt that dusty though. But no the fault is still there, and on other patches too, after a few minutes the tone is lost and the volume drops. I've e mailed Roland Support as this is a serious problem for me.

Reaction score
Cheers Gary, will do.
Roland are pretty good at customer support, they came straight back; but recommended I take it for servicing to a dealer, which I am doing on Friday.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Check with Rolandclan before you do. It figures that support's answer is to take it to the shop :p

There may be a battery soldered in there somewhere that you don't recognize.

Rolandclan would let you know for certain if there is one.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I have a Di as well and have had this happen only a couple of times so far. After reading about it possibly being a pitch bend issue, I took a can of compressed air and blew in and around the joystick while moving it around. Seems to have worked for now. I don't use the joystick when playing so I even considered opening up the unit and unplugging or removing wires running to the joystick, but I'm not brave enough to try it.

Ask a Question