Roland Juno DS61 - Favourite sounds that go well with guitars!

Reaction score
Seasons greetings to you all! I haven't used my DS61 much since getting it, but finally got round to playing it last night along with my brother and his friend (with electric and acoustic guitars).

I tried out a few different voices, but with so many, it's tough to choose! Some just didn't sound quite right when played at the same time as each of the guitars. Does anyone have some recommendations for favourites that pair with guitars? (Electric or accoustic). I suppose piano/electric piano type sounds are what I'd be looking for first. It's mainly pop/rock type stuff we'd be playing.

Thanks!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
When in doubt most of the late great rock bands of the 60's and 70's went with Hammondf Organ and Electric Piano to sweeten up the classics of that era.

Toss in a Moog solo or two and you have 90% of classic 60's and 70's rock.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! "Rock Piano" sounds good with the electric guitar, but I need to find some time to find search through some more and save them as favourites!

Reaction score
Seasons greetings to you all! I haven't used my DS61 much since getting it, but finally got round to playing it last night along with my brother and his friend (with electric and acoustic guitars).

I tried out a few different voices, but with so many, it's tough to choose! Some just didn't sound quite right when played at the same time as each of the guitars. Does anyone have some recommendations for favourites that pair with guitars? (Electric or accoustic). I suppose piano/electric piano type sounds are what I'd be looking for first. It's mainly pop/rock type stuff we'd be playing.

Thanks!
I sold a Juno ds88 for only $550 used in mint condition understand and the chair)) but it was to a church so I kind of donated

Ask a Question